Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
Inability to completely evacuate the bowels or passing very hard stools is known as Constipation
or Vibandh in Ayurveda. This prevalent problem is due to an incorrect lifestyle and poor eating patterns. Although constipation is often looked upon as a common problem, if not treated or if treatment is delayed, it can lead to further problems such as fissures, fistulas, piles, lack of appetite
1. Indigestion (dyspepsia
2. Abdominal pain
5. Pain at the anus while defecating.
6. Heaviness of body.
7. Lack of appetite.
8. Acid eructation (belching).
Diet & Lifestyle Advice to follow:-
1. Increase intake of fiber, especially fruits and cooked vegetables.
2. An apple or banana each day is helpful. Bananas should be ripe (bright yellow.
3. Drink 7-8 glasses of water each day, preferably lukewarm in winters and room -temperature water in summers.
4. Have a mid-morning soup, preferably prepared with spinach and tomato.
5. Take daily morning and evening walks for at least 20-30 minutes each.
6. Eat whole grains and nuts.
7. Avoid refined foods like white flour, bread, pasta, pizza, white rice, etc.
8. High -protein foods like cheese, red meat, and soybeans can cause constipation, so these must be taken with a bowl of salad and lots of liquids.
9. Meat is constipating and should be avoided.
10.Disturbing psychological factors should be removed, and meals should be taken in a relaxed and calm atmosphere.
11. The food should be warm and freshly -prepared, as cold and stale food slows down the digestive power.Home Remedies
1. Take one table spoon of castor oil at bed time until you get relief.
2. Develop a habit of drinking water in the morning. Start with 2 glasses of water, and increase intake up to 6 - 7 glasses. It is more beneficial if this water can be stored in a copper container overnight.
3. Soak 3-4 dried figs after washing them overnight in water. Eat them first thing in the morning, and also drink the water in which they were soaked. They should also be taken in the evening. Try this treatment for 3-4 weeks.
4. Apply 3 to 4 drops of lukewarm castor oil over the navel at night in kids. It will help in clearing the bowel movements in kids (of age 1- 3 years) in the morning.
5. Apply lukewarm sesame oil on the navel during taking bath and put towel (which is dipped in warm water) on the lower abdomen.
Ayurvedic medicines to be taken are:-
1. Draksharishta:- To be taken with equal quantity of water in 10ml dosage after meals.
2. Sukhavirechanavati:- 1-0-1 with hot water at after food.
3. Triphala choorna:- 5g to 10g. To be taken with hot water daily at night before bed.
4. Pravalapanchamrutha Bhasma:- One tablet twice a day with buttermilk.
These medicines will give best results.
Hope i was helpful.
Stay healthy,Stay safe.