Suggest treatment for scratched cornea and hole in the retina

Hi Dr. I had a scratched cornea and was treated with dropt etc. when I returned amonth later for my eye exam the Dr. took photos of my left eye and said I had a hole in the retina. He said it wascommon and that I should wait 2 months and then if he thought I should see a retina specialist for surgery he would refer me. I m 67 female and very scared. Please advise
Sat, 12 Jan 2019
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

Your ophthalmologist is right in advising you to wait for some time.

The time taken is to allow time for retina to heal itself.

In the meanwhile, you can take treatment for corneal hole.

Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri,
Pathologist and Microbiologist