Suggest treatment for scalp sensitivity

Hi, for the last two weeks I noticed that my scalp is very sensitive to touch. I also noticed a handful of tiny lumps on my scalp that were a little itchy at first. Once I scratched them, they now sting or burn and no longer itch. My husband says that they look like pimples or poison ivy blisters with white or yellow puss ready to be popped. Some produce liquid and some have white stuff coming out. I do not normally have pimples, so this is not the same as that. They first appeared on the back of my scalp (about 5 sporadically in different locations like the top part towards the back of the head, sides, middle, and on the bottom towards the ears). Now, they are spreading on the sides of the head as well as the top location of the scalp. Please help me determine what it is and how to treat it. The day before this occurred I had my hair colored [foiled highlights, which did not touch my scalp], but I am wondering if I am having an allergic reaction or something different? Once in a while I get a rash similar to this on my elbows, but the itching and burning on my elbows are much, much worse. I do not have this on any other parts of my body, just my scalp. Thanks.
Fri, 24 Jun 2016
This might be an allergic reaction according to history. Since it's itchy and discharge is present antiallergic and antibiotics need to be started. Once the infection has subsided a visual impression is important for further management.
Start cap doxycycline 100 mg po once daily for two weeks
Tab cetrizine 10 mg po once at night for two weeks
Wash your scalp daily and avoid hair oiling and scratching.
Get CBC, skin patch test, S. IgE before starting cetrizine tab for an allergy assay.