• question-icon

Suggest treatment for scabies

Hi, I am pretty sure i have scabies and i have a few questions: 1. How does marijuana effect scabies? 2. If I go out of town for a week, when I come back, will the scabies be killed in my apartment? 3. Can I take multiple medications for scabies? Will this help get rid of them faster?
Sat, 21 Sep 2019
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.
The following steps should be included in the medical treatment of scabies: Wash linens and bedclothes in hot water. Antihistamines, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl), can be useful in helping provide relief from itchingApply a mite-killer like permethrin (Elimite). These creams are applied from the neck down, left on overnight, then washed off. Ivermectin (Stromectol), an oral medication, is an antiparasitic medication that has also been shown to be an effective scabicide, although it is not FDA-approved for this use. The CDC recommends taking this drug at a dosage of 200 micrograms per kilogram body weight as a single dose, followed by a repeat dose two weeks late. If there is no improvement you should see dermatologist.
Wishing you good health. Regards