• question-icon

Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis

I have been having rheumatoid arthritis for a while, but lately the pain is getting worse. When I get up in the morning my hands and hips hurt and especially my feet. I can hardly walk, but after a few minutes of walking around it gets better. This also happens when I sit for more than 30 minutes. Is this just the rheumatoid arthritis acting up?
Mon, 25 Aug 2014
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hello
If you are already diagnosed as having rheumatoid arthritis , this might be RA acting up. you need to start your anti rheumatoid medications. However if your diagnosis is doubtful get yourself assesed for ankylosing spondylitis particularly if you are between 20-30 years of age.