• question-icon

Suggest treatment for redness in the soft palate after vomiting

Last night I drank and threw up a lot and again this morning and my uvula and soft palate is red and inflamed and I think it s due to the acid I kept throwing up but I m not so sure. I don t know how to treat it and there seems to be a lot of mucus in the back that I have a hard time swollowing. Did this happen from my stomach acid when I over drank?
Mon, 4 Aug 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello, thanks for your query, frequent bouts of vomiting can cause mucosal ( soft palate uvula) injury leading to redness and congestion which causes discomfort in throat. u need to stop vomiting for early healing. u can start tab. pan- d ( pantoprazole+ domeperidine)one tab before breakfast daily for 5 days will help. all the best. take care.