Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
158 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment for red bumpy rash on chest

Hi I have a red bumpy rash on my chest and back down past my upper legs. Some on my face. it itches like crazy. I have seen doctors, but no one has been able to help. Roeasha? I know that is the wrong spelling. They has been treating me for hives. nothing seems to help.
Mon, 10 Nov 2014
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
You might have developed acute urticaria.
It is an allergic condition.
Anything including food, cloth, change in climate, pollens etc can cause urticaria.
You need to find out the cause.
Treatment can be with oral anti histamines.
Steroids like prednisolone are also helpful but cannot be used for long.
Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.
Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi,my 18 year old daughter woke up this morning with a red bumpy rash on her face, she played volley ball in the sun yesterday all day, im a nurse...