Suggest treatment for recurring yeast infection

hello to whoever this is going to...
i have been having discharges and have been treated for a yeast infection and everything seemed to go away... but everytime i have sexual intercource with my girlfriend i get simptoms that are quite identical to the ones described as balanitis and a reacurring yeast infection... my gilfriend had been diagnosed and treated for vaginitis so i think it comes from there... so my question is why does it keep reaccurring right after intercource even if beforehand we are cured and asymptomatic? and what should i do to prevent this from happenning again... for now i'm just using an anti fungal cortisonal creme to cure the symptoms
Wed, 14 Jan 2015
Hello and thank you for your question. Probably the safest thing is always use condoms. I can not explain why you would get a yeast infection after intercourse if both of you have been treated and cleared of all infection. The antifungal cream is okay but you should not use cortisone cream on your genital area, it can thin the skin and make yeast infections more likely to occur. Thank you for using HCM.