Suggest treatment for recurring boils on the inner thighs

I have a few recurring boils on my inner thigh that when I have applied pressure to them- the fluid that comes out of them had a very strong onion/garlic smell. It is mainly blood, but there is a thin pus like substance mixed in. What could this be and why does it smell that way? Is it a dietary issue?
Wed, 24 Apr 2019
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query you have symptoms of recurring boils on the inner thighs which occur because of infection of the hair follicle and bacterial infection leading to heat generation.

Need not to worry. Maintain complete hygiene of that area. I would suggest you wash these areas daily with lukewarm water and body wash containing salicylic acid twice a day and apply a cream containing azelaic acid which is good for pimples. Apply topical antibacterial ointment. Take diet rich in multivitamins. The smell is due to the accumulation of waste material only. If the condition doesn't get well in a week then consult a dermatologist for proper examination and treatment. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics like minocycline and steroid ointment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari, Dentist