Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
169 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for rectal prolapse

I was wondering if there is a device that could help an 80 year old woman who has a prolapsed rectum. She is no longer a candidate for surgery. If there is some type of product (like they have for hernias) that could help her at least have more mobility on the market I have not found one. Please advise.
Wed, 5 Jul 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear
Welcome to
I have evaluated your concern in depth .

@ Unfortunately , there are no such medical devices available for the same .
@ What can help her at best is

$ Avoid constipation with high fiber , plenty of liquids
$ Sitting in a tub filled with lukewarm water for 10 - 15 minutes ,
apply glycerine about 2 - 3 ml over prolapsed part & then she can
easily & simply put prolapsed part inside the anal canal .
before going outside .

Hope this will help you definitely .
Feel free to ask any future health related query anytime .
Thanks for evaluating my answer thoroughly .
Regards dear .
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I believe I have rectal prolapse. I have noticed it for the first time today and went searching online for hours until I came across my answer. I...