Suggest treatment for raspy voice

I was baby sitting 2 boys and we were playing cops. They took the handcuffs and pulled against my throat for a long period of time and my neck was marked for 3 days afterwards. Its been 4 days since this happened and I have a singing audition coming up in a week. My voice is raspy as if I have a cold, but the clinic claimed no such inflammation at the top of the throat. My throat dries after speaking and I cough excessively and choke. Suggestions on what to do?
Mon, 22 Dec 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi,
this could be due to laryngeal (voice box edema)..i suggest laryngoscopy ( visualising voice box with camera)...
get well soon...all the best ...