Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
169 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for rashes on the penis

Hi I have rashes on my penis. After using any kind if lotion of moisturizers my skin get smooth but upon drying it produces some wounds & rashes. Its very itchy & feels good while itching. I am good at intercourse activity but i am woried about its skin. Do am i suffering from any skin disease or its just dryness. Kindly revert.
Wed, 27 May 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I appreciate your concern
Looking at your description this could be a sign of underlying Infection, allergy or drying effect or contact dermatitis

I would like further information to help you better like
Your age and relevant medical history like diabetes or other metabolic disease
Any recent exposure to unprotected sex?

I would advise you to consult a VD specialist for physical check up and a battery of tests for confirmation of diagnosis
You may require a course or antibiotics or antifungal drugs

Meanwhile use condom during sex
Maintain good hygiene
Apply any moisturising or antiseptic ointment like mupirocin

Hope this answers your question
Beat wishes
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have got handjob form a prostitute. After that there is small rash on my penis. And the skin covering the innerpart has has come up and its...