Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
146 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for rashes on leg

I have a rash on my right front leg that was originally diagnosed as contact dermatitis . I have been to 4 different physicians and no one knows what it is. A C&S came out negative except regular Skin flora. I also have been to Loma Linda Univ hospital.The most definite answer I got was from a Dermatologist who said it was complex and gave me Clobinex that turned into chemical burn. The other was Fluocinonide which I can t use ,because it is exteremly painful.In the meantime my whole leg is hurting .Please,forgive mistakes.I m upset and this IS ruining all aspects of peaceful living .Ask me any questions.ThankI m sorry,but I do not have a credit card availoable until later tonight.I just discovered it
Thu, 30 May 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have symptoms of rashes on the leg which is very common due to hair follicle infection, sun poisoning and as dirt and moisture get trapped by your clothing and the friction that comes from sitting.

Need not to worry. I would suggest you to keep this area clean and dry. You should apply warm compresses with soaked towel and apply vitamin C serum at night. If condition doesn't get better then consult dermatologist for proper examination. Doctor will examine physically along with blood test and sample for lab test. Doctor may prescribe immunosuppressants and may prescribe benzoyl peroxide ointment.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My son has suddenly developed some kind of a rash on his left leg. It is on the front of the calf - two circular reddened areas about the size of a...

Recent questions on  Chemical burn

doctor1 MD

my boyfriend has a chemical burn on his arm from the mixture of industral strength toilet bowl cleaner and an unknown cleaning solution splashing...

doctor1 MD

My scrotum is covered in a film, almost like a shedding. When i clean it off, the area looks almost like a chemical burn. Then it itches, and grows...

doctor1 MD

I have a rash on my right front leg that was originally diagnosed as contact dermatitis . I have been to 4 different physicians and no one knows...

doctor1 MD

Well I have developed these bumbs on the outer side of my vagina. They are not genital warts because I am a virgin. They aren t gross looking...

doctor1 MD

Can my symptoms be chemical burn on skin? I have itching bumps on legs and arms after swimming in pool inMexico ( walls of pool were being scrubbed...

doctor1 MD

sudden vaginal burning and pain after wearing panties possible chemical burn? what is it help ! lots of pain is it herpes what is it?

doctor1 MD

My whole scalp is now a (Gel). I went to Specialists Dermatologist Dr's etc. They did many biopsies took pictures and only told me it's in GRANULAR...