Suggest treatment for rash on scrotum

I have had this problem for about two years. I have a rash or at least something that resembles a rash on my scrotum. It seems like my scrotum feels hot at most points throughout the day. There is a burning and pinching sensation on the bottom area below/behind the left testicle at times. It requires me to constantly "re-adjust" myself throughout the day. It is very uncomfortable to deal with. I feel normal right now when just relaxing; however, it seems to become more irritated towards the end of the day after moving around constantly. It kind of looks like my scrotum is red on both sides with a 1” area of regularity running up and down in the center of the scrotum. My scrotum feels very-very dry most of the time and sticks to my thighs/taint (area between scrotum and anus) a lot.

At first I thought it was jock itch or something – I have tried multiple creams and no improvement. Although, I don't think it is an STD - It fits none of the symptoms for any of them (I’ve done extensive research on STD’s and always check myself every day to be sure of no signs). I have never had sores or anything like that. I haven't had sex with too many partners. I am 26 and I have only had 4 partners throughout my entire life and all where relationships – not one night stands with strangers. When I did have sex - I used protection every time; not just out of the fear of a possible STD – but to make sure she never got pregnant. I’m not ready for that type of responsibility in my life. Also… When this irritation first starting taking place – it was at a time in my life when I wasn’t sexually active for some length of time.
I’m not sure what this can be – I don’t have health insurance and make less than 6k a year – I’m a college student. So finically – I just can’t afford to see a doctor or even completely fill up my gas tank really. I’m at a loss and could really use some help.
Thank you.
Wed, 2 Mar 2016
Hi,Dear,Thanks for your query to HCM.
Dear I read facts of your query and reviewed it in context to your query health issues.
I understood your health concerns and feel Concerned about them.

Based on the facts of your query, you seem to suffer from-
Friction Dermatitis on left Scrotum.
Being over-careful is becoming hypochondriac sometimes like your case.Based on the facts submitted from you, rule out other possibilities of any anal health issues if you problems with your bowel.
Dear just Don't Worry.
Second opinion from Free Government Health Services/ or Free Services at Teaching Medical College-Hospitals, would help you to rule out other causes like Seborrhoeic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, friction dermatitis.

-Treat-
Just keeping good private part hygiene with Dettol sponging 2 times a day,
Avoid Using Soap- which may adding to Chemical Contact Dermatitis to the strained skin area in your scrotum.
Changing the Ugies to Cotton Ugies from Synthetic type.
Application of Coconut oil -after bathing and after toileting would go a long way in maintaining normal hygiene in that area.
Use steroid / antibiotic- OTC cream like-Polymixin/Neomycin/ Hydrocortisone Cream locally would resolve your helath issues.
Besides this ,Exercises, Good Vegan diet with fruit a day would help you a lot.

-Other causes need to be verified as the facts may be different what you submitted.

-For this Second opinion from Chest/ or Ortho Surgeon is needed who would do proper investigation after proper physical assessment to resolve your health issues.

-for early recovery-please follow above do's which would resolve your issues.

Hope this would help you to treat your health issues in the best way possible.

Welcome for any further query in this regard.
Good Day!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N.
Senior Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS