Suggest treatment for rapid heart rate

I m 51 years old 6 foot 2 inches and 275 lbs. I started the training for a 5k with a apple app. I have the apple watch and notice my heart rate hit 180 beats per minute for a few minutes. Then dropped to 170 for the 30 minute work out. Is this something that should be checked out?
Mon, 7 Dec 2015
friend
your BMI with the current dimensions that you have intimated is 35.28 which falls in obese category
in absence of aerobic fitness rapid rise in heart rate is seen
i suggest that to start with, please proceed with a gentle walks and exercise and gradually build up your stamina and fitness levels.
my method of making sure that you are not over stressing in the begning of an exercise regimen is
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TALK WITHOUT PANTING WHILE WALKING IS THE RIGHT SPEED.
SO EASY WAY IS TO SING ALOUD WHILE WALKING
YOU WILL OVER A FEW DAYS SEE FOR YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN WALK FASTER WITHOUT PANTING
gradually as your body tones up weight comes down and fitness improves the observation that you have will reduce till then
happy walking