Suggest treatment for rapid heart rate

My son s heart is racing while laying in bed. It is beating more than 100 beats per minute. We ve tried deep breathing but that s not helping. We are in Colorado where altitude is different from home. We ve been here for almost 2 days. Is there something we can do to help him?
Mon, 1 Oct 2018

First thing is to focus on the cause of this rapid heart rate as it may be due to anemia, anxiety, dehydration, fever, thyroid problems, infections, arrhythmias, neurological and connective tissue disorders. Try to exclude the common things on first instance.

Maintain a heart rate and B.P record 4 hourly diary at home for the next 48 hours and spot whether his heart rate pounds on rest or during or after some physical activity; any relation to foods; using any medicines like anti-cough preparations; pale-looking; family history of any cardiac issues; anxious looking or calm; and intake of excessive caffeine or chocolates. Once case confirmed; only then will opt for its treatment. Stay blessed.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Syed Hashim Ali Shah, General & Family Physician