Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

180 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for racy heart and high BP

Hi, i am a 40 year old mother of two and overweight, yesterday i had a really really nervous feeling in my chest and i can feel my heart racing, i went to the restroom a couple of times, my bp went up to 150/100, it lasted for an hour, my normal bp is only around 105/ you think this is the beginning of a heart disease?
Thu, 26 Mar 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic . Thank you for posting your query.
I can understand your concern.

Do not worry much.

I would suggest you to get an EKG and Echocardiography done.
Regularly go for Blood pressure checkups.

I would ask my patients to
1. Regularly go for walking or exercise for 30 minutes to reduce weight
2. Have a balanced diet with loads of vegetables and fruits.

If the blood pressure does not go down in say about a month , it may be time to start medications.
There is nothing to worry.

Hope this helps.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My BP is 146/88. I was treated for high BP years ago. Then 10 yrs ago I was taken off of the medicine as my BP was more in the normal range. There is A LOT of bad heart history in my family, several of us have passed from bad hearts. There are 3 people (2 being immediate family 1 an aunt) that have gone the route of stints, balloons and open heart surgery.I am 55 yr old female. About 5 6 to 5 7 and weigh 200lbs. With that being said, how serious you think this is?

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 51 yrs old female I took amifru 40 medicine for blood pressure but as this is not my regular tablet as I was short of medicine so I have been taking this but it increased my heart beat to 120 beats and blood pressure 124/93, compound of this medicine is frusemide ip ,amiloride hydrochloride ip ,

doctor1 MD

My husband has just tested his blood pressure and it is 185 /95 . He has had high blood pressure for several years but is now worried as it seems to be creeping higher although he as active and not overweight . Age 68 . What should he do ? He is frightened of getting a stroke or heart attack . Please advise . Carolyn