Suggest treatment for racy heart and high BP

Hi, i am a 40 year old mother of two and overweight, yesterday i had a really really nervous feeling in my chest and i can feel my heart racing, i went to the restroom a couple of times, my bp went up to 150/100, it lasted for an hour, my normal bp is only around 105/70...do you think this is the beginning of a heart disease?
Thu, 26 Mar 2015
Welcome to Healthcare magic . Thank you for posting your query.
I can understand your concern.

Do not worry much.

I would suggest you to get an EKG and Echocardiography done.
Regularly go for Blood pressure checkups.

I would ask my patients to
1. Regularly go for walking or exercise for 30 minutes to reduce weight
2. Have a balanced diet with loads of vegetables and fruits.

If the blood pressure does not go down in say about a month , it may be time to start medications.
There is nothing to worry.

Hope this helps.
Regards.