Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
151 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for pus filled bump on the back

My mom has a quarter sided bump on her back that fills with stinky pus. You wouldn t know it was there unless u ran your fingers over it. She complains it hurts and insist I get out the pus. I do this for her once a month it s been on her back for years. I keep telling her to see a dr for it because it s not right should I be wories and or how can we get rid of it
Tue, 23 Jun 2015
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi the pus filled bump is usually on the back can be abscess.the best treatment for such lesions is incision and drainage followed by using broad spectrum antibiotic like augmentin 625 mg three times daily and a pain killer.
Thoroughly clean ing that area and keeping the area can prevent the recurrences
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My son has a spot on the back of his head at first I thought he may have got a scratch cause there was a pussie scab. But everyday another pussie...