Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for pulmonary embolism

A few months, ago i was admitted to hospital with pain in my lower abdomen on my lift side, they found that i had some. Blood clots in my lungs, I went for a scan on my abdomen and pelvis, and went to my Doctors today for my results and was told that they was concerned that i had enlarged tubes to my liver, The Doctor was told to take another blood sample which he did. Don t under stand exactly what the problem is.
Tue, 6 Oct 2015
Report Abuse
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You probably are having pulmonary thromboembolism and pulmonary hypertension which can be treated after finding out the cause if any. You will require blood thinning medicine and medicines to control PHTN. Be under regular follow up for the same with your doctor.
Don't worry, you will be alright.
Hope I have solved your query.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with pulmonary embolism with unknown cause. Apparently during the ct scan it was noticed that one was forming on my left...