Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
194 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for pulmonary embolism

I was recently in car accident about two years ago got ejected from vehicle and fractured a lot of bones an had pulmonary embolism,subdue all hematoma,well my question is I fell in my back yard landed on my chest and it feels like I broke a few ribs,I have been in some excruciating pain this happened about eight days ago,and the pain is still hurting pretty bad,I know there is nothing they can do for broke rib ,should I go to the doctor or just wait and let it heal on its on?thank you your input will be greatly appreciated
Thu, 1 Oct 2015
Report Abuse
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question.
I can understand your concern.
As your history goes it would be advisable to get a chest x ray and an examination done just to rule out any lung contusion or any other injury. Also probably a chest harness will help you for the same.
Don't worry, you will be alright.
Hope I have solved your query.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with pulmonary embolism with unknown cause. Apparently during the ct scan it was noticed that one was forming on my left...