Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
127 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment for prolonged periods

Had period during long overseas flight. Lasted longer than usual although not as heavy (8-9 days). Two days after return flight started spotting and cramps. I m 52 years old. Still have regular periods. Is this cause for concern or could it have something to do with travel?
Fri, 16 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I read carefully your query and understand your concern.

The symptoms can be related to perimenopause.

I suggest using anti inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms.

If the symptoms continue I recommend to consult a gynecologist.

Specific treatment such as Estrogen therapy can relieve the symptoms .

Hope my answer was helpful.

If you have further queries feel free to contappct me again.

Kind regards!

Dr.Dorina Gurabardhi
General &Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

yes i am a 31 year old women and I have had my period foe almost 5 months now it doesn t matter if im on my birth control or not its always there I...