Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
197 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for premature menopause in a 41 year old

Hello dr, I am 41 years old, and at the age of 38, I went through unexplained premature menopause. I have been on and off hrt, but not taken anything since September, due to a ruptured cyst. I ve had no bleeding since then, but from December last year, I started to get pelvic pain. It has been very steadily increasing. After being admitted into A&E, everything came back normal, apart from trace blood in urine and 19mm endometrium. Should I be worried?
Wed, 24 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response

* As the amount of pain is substantial, with endometrial thickness of 19 mm it is recommended to undertake an endometrial biopsy for precise management guidelines.
* This may require endometrial fulguration or hysterectomy for a cure.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 40 yrs old with one girl child. I suffered from premature menopause at the age of 32. What are the chances for me to conceive through...