Suggest treatment for persistent sore throat and yellow green mucus

I got a bad lung infection in early November, coughing very bad. Everything cleared up with Biaxin XL, except yellow mucus in the morning that turns to clear mucus shortly after awaking. My throat feels sore, especially these past two days. The back of the throat near the roof of my mouth only is sore now after gargling with slat water last night.I have a bottle of Biaxin Xl on hand that I was to use back in December if my throat swab came back positive. It came back negative but I have been having these sore throats and yellow or green mucus almost since the first treatment of Biaxin XL in November.I wonder, should I take the Biaxin XL 500 MG twice daily now. I find it difficult to get to my doctor's office, being handicapped.
Fri, 8 Jan 2016