Suggest treatment for persistent nasal congestion and cold

I have problem of cold since childhood,if i am having cold it doesn't goes easily though i take medicines,though the severity of clod is less now but i am having always a littlebeat obstruction jn breathing sothat i cant breath freely.what can i do?
Wed, 4 May 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain cold is a viral infection causing upper respiratory tract infection and having cold 2 to 3 times in an year is considered normal..

But in case if there are prolonged episodes of cold and recurring infections it is commonly due to Poor Immunity and lesser resistance of the body to infections leading to Chronic Upper Respiratory Tract Infection and also there is a possibility that congestion and obstruction in breathing is due to sinus infection or sinusitis..

I would suggest you to consult an Otolaryngologist and get evaluated and a thorough clinical evaluation and investigations like blood tests, nasal endoscopy, PNS view x ray of sinuses can help in diagnosis and treatment can be done accordingly.

You can be advised a course of antibiotics, anti allergics like Levocetrizine, decongestants like Pseudoephadrine, Mucolytics like Ambroxol, saline nasal irrigation, decongestant nasal sprays like Xylometazoline...
Avoid chilled foods..
Chew a Vitamin C pellet to boost up your immunity..
Take a healthy and nutritious diet and drink plenty of water..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.