Suggest treatment for persistent headaches post injury

I had a mild mva - I was stopped at red light and was hit t back - my neck and head hurt immediately with a temporary sharp pain over right occiput. I feel that I have a mild concussion ... my headache never goes away My doctor thinks flexion/extention injury ... I am 75 and have been told that concussion in older age can lead to earlier Alzheimers
Fri, 15 Mar 2019

You may be suffering from counter croup injury. Which may lead to a headache. Sometimes it may cause dementia.

So take painkillers like tramadol for pain. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Penchila Prasad Kandikattu , Internal Medicine Specialist