Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for periodontal disease

Hi im a 28 year old woman and I noticed in late August of 2013 that my teeth started to move and shift. I feel them move when I eat and speak and it has even affected my speech and the way my teeth fit together. The main teeth that are loose are my upper front permanent teeth and one of those permanent teeth sticks out or protrudes. I haven't been to a dentist in 12 years since I was 16 years old and I was diagnosed with periodontal disease at the age of 16. Can my teeth be saved or is it too late?
Tue, 18 Nov 2014
Report Abuse
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.
The periodontally affeted teeth can be saved if the teeth have sufficient bone support. We can do scaling and root planing followed by splinting. If needed we can do bone grafting. Before that you need to find out the exact cause which has resulted in peridontal disease. It can be because of maloclusion or secondary to deposits. Consult a oral physician and get it ruled out. You need to get a radiograph done like OPG to check the status of bone support.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Due periodontal disease have 2brokenteeth that need to be removed, 2bottom front loose, several caps upper front that look bad, a sore that comes...