Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for perforated eardrum

I have Some problem for 4 months my right Ear. My ear inside small hole. I am consulting above 4 doctors, He is told me that problem will be automatically solve, That means the hole will be closed. Now also i have that Problem.
Please tell me How do solve that problem?
Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain perforation in eardrum can be treated by conservative and surgical means depending upon the severity of perforation..

In case if the perforation is small then a course of antibiotics, anti inflammatory painkillers and decongestant nasal drops along with antibiotic and analgesic eardrops can help in healing..

But in case if after 4 months also there is no improvement then you need to consult an ENT surgeon and get evaluated and he can advise you Tympanoplasty procedure that is surgical repair of the eardrum..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi, my father who is 61 year old, is now facing little hearing problem, doctor reports said that there is hole in eardrums and its to be operated,...