Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for penile rashes

During the last two months I have been observing some sort of rash on the head of my penis. It is slightly raised, irregularly shaped, does not ache or feel any different in any way. It is essentlially pale-white (compared to the surrounding tissue, thats how I noticed it in the first place). The problem is that its been growing. It started at about 2-3 mm in diameter and now is maybe 5-6. I am wondering if theres any reason for concern and if there is something I can try without visiting a doctor.
Fri, 8 May 2015
Report Abuse
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. Single, painless ulcer could be syphilitic chancre thus go for V.D.R.L. test and H.I.V. test.

2. If there has been contact with the wife, treat the wife also, otherwise infection will persist within.

3. Inj. Benzathine Penicillin should be given after sensitivity test and locally, clean and apply Terramycin ointment.

PS. if you are sensitive to Penicillin then Erythromycin is the alternative
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I m 14 and I m sexually active, but I went 7 months without sex, and I received a hand job, then the shaft of my penis starting getting a rash and...