Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for paranoia

i am a nineteen year old female, around 5 ft 4 and about nine or ten stone. i am constantly paranoid that everybody around me dislikes
me. I think they all think bad things of me and i am always anxious that i have done something wrong or something to upset somebody. I used to be a very outgoing person but now i find it difficult to strike up a conversation with somebody. I worry that people dont like me, and all these thoughts upset me greatly. I feel like a shell of somebody i used to be. Around a year ago i was a regular user of the drug mkat, and now i really worry that this is a long term side effect. At the time i was using the drug i was suicidal and constantly upset; a common short term effect of a heavy user. I have no physical health problems and in a physical respect i have a clean bill of health. I feel that my anxiety/paranoia is gettin worse and that i cannot handle it by simply thinking of other things. It is always in the back of my mind. It is intensified not when i am drunk but the next day, i have crippling anxiety that i did something wrong that i cannot remember or that i said something to make the people around me think little of me. What do i do now? What is wrong with me? Do i need to go and see my gp?

Tue, 5 Aug 2014
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response
Dear User,

Thanks for using health care magic.

From the available description it appears that you are either suffering with OCD or developing depression. These are the symptoms of psychiatric disorder that need treatment as soon as possible. As you have the functional impairment due to above described symptoms they are indicative of disorder.

I think you need to see your GP or preferably a psychiatrist after obtaining a referral from your GP. He will ask more details about your problem and may prescribe medication or psychotherapy for treatment.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hello doctor,maa grandma is suffering from mental disorder like she is scared of being alone and she keeps on saying that somebody is here taking...