Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for painful urination

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...i am a 43 year old man and it burns when i wee, the doctor said i have puss in my urine and white and red blood cells,he gave me a some antbiotics but this has not worked, he couldnt understand because the lab couldnt manage to grow anything on, i am now worrying myself to def on what it could be as i wait for my second wee test to come back and wait to go for a scan, what could this be
Tue, 4 Jun 2019
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response

Do a urine test with microscopic examination and complete blood cell count for further diagnosis.

If any bladder infection or kidney infection present then it can be detected by this urine test. Kidney stone or infection may cause this type of symptoms.

Consult a nephrologist for further diagnosis. After urine culture test if the infection is present then start proper antibiotics under the doctor's suggestion.

Urine alkalotic agent is helpful in urinary tract infection. Maintain proper hygiene.

Drink filter water more so dilutes urine and flush out a bacteria. Avoid tight clothes. Wear loose cotton cloth. Cranberry juice is helpful in UTI.

Consult a nephrologist for further diagnosis. Start a treatment according to cause.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Sir, This is Maj Sayem from Bangladesh Army. I would like humbly ask you, my father 65 yrs of age having operated twice on prostrate, with a recent...