• question-icon

Suggest treatment for painful headaches

Dear Doctor

My wife aged 28 gave an early birth caused by high blood pressure stroke.She has no history of any severe illness or blood pressure. It's been three weeks since she gave birth and her condition was very good. About a week ago she caught cold and started to expirience headaches. This headhaches started to become very aggressive and painfull. Yesterday she started to mumble incoherent words and fainted with some sort of foam coming from her mouth. I took her to a medi care center and when they checked her vitals were perfectly ok then they conducted CT scan and they found that she had no problems. The problem is I'm noticing a little bit of diffrence in my wife and I'm afraid it might stick. pls doctors tell me what's happening and how I can deal with it.
Mon, 29 Sep 2014
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks for trusting us.
Your wife is past 3 wks of delivery (postpartem period)with headache not responding to analgesics with one episode of likely seizure, possibility of CEREBRAL VENOUS THROMBOSIS must be ruled out,sometimes CT scan can be normal and an MRI BRAIN WITH MR VENOGRAM IS REQUIRED.
You must visit local neurologist and should not delay.