Suggest treatment for pain in the ear cartilage

Hi,I have episodes of ear cartilage pain,which happen every few weeks,then disappear,I have an undiagnosed arthritis long standing of 5 years,I ve recently had a bariumswallow,because of choking problems. I now have problems with the whites of my eyes being really red.I also on a regular basis get fever/ flu l.like symptoms.Do you have any thoughts,Please
Wed, 11 Sep 2019

It may be due to otitis externa.

For pain you can take tablet acetaminophen.

Hot compressions may also help.

In case of not getting relief, I would suggest you to consult with ENT surgeon.

Avoid ear piercing.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam Kale
Family and general physician