Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for pain in the ear cartilage

Hi,I have episodes of ear cartilage pain,which happen every few weeks,then disappear,I have an undiagnosed arthritis long standing of 5 years,I ve recently had a bariumswallow,because of choking problems. I now have problems with the whites of my eyes being really red.I also on a regular basis get fever/ flu symptoms.Do you have any thoughts,Please
Wed, 11 Sep 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It may be due to otitis externa.

For pain you can take tablet acetaminophen.

Hot compressions may also help.

In case of not getting relief, I would suggest you to consult with ENT surgeon.

Avoid ear piercing.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam Kale
Family and general physician
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have what I think is a keloid on my cartiliage from a former piercing..keloids arent genetic in my family so im not sure if it is one. Its usually hard. But I slept with a headscarf last night that put pressure on it and this morning the keloid was soft. I mashed it a little to see if there was any hardness, and I think it popped. Blood and something else came out and now it s a little smaller and softer. What usually happens when a Keloid pops?

doctor1 MD

My daughter has a keloid on her ear cartilage from a piercing. It is the size of a kidney bean. What is the best option? We have been in discussions with doctor opting her injections, surgery, or some type of laser. Not sure what to do. I am afraid it will get larger.

doctor1 MD

I recently had a CT scan tht showed extra cartlage from my sternum to my rib because oF pain and popping sound i went to the doctors. I was told only surgery would take the pain away and to take advil and heat or ice. Thats it! It hurts all the time and is getting worse?