Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in wrist and elbow

I was subjected to an electric shock today through my left hand and arm. My symptoms are pain, slight swelling and regididty in my left wrist and tendons extending up to my left elbow. How long will this last and what can I do to help it heal faster? This happened at work.
Mon, 14 Jan 2019

You are lucky that you do not have any heat-related symptoms in electric shock. As far as your symptoms are concerned, it will depend on the strength of shock.

But as a normal expectation, we expect a recovery in about 3-4 weeks time, if there is no major damage. The acute problem should be over in about 10 days. You can take painkillers and muscle relaxants for faster relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Gopal Goel, Orthopaedic Surgeon