• question-icon

Suggest treatment for oral thrush

My son has tonsils and adenoids out on Wens. Yesterday I noticed oral thrush. He's in pain. Called in diflucan but he's got 1 day left on the abx. My concern is that the thrush will increase risk of bleeding when the scabs fall off. I'm a nervous wreck.
Mon, 13 Oct 2014
Dentist 's  Response
The treatment depends on the underlying cause, age and the severity of the symptoms. If the oral thrush has been caused by certain habits (smoking, pills, wearing dentures), then your doctor will suggest specific changes that would heal the lesions automatically.

If the infection persists then antifungal medications are prescribed, which could be in the form of pills, drops, mouth wash or lozenges.