• question-icon

Suggest treatment for opioid addiction

I am a 23 year old male that has been through a lot of trials and tribulations at such a young age. I have lost my mother and grandmother at the age of 16 and since then its been a battle to find myself and my future. I am a very intelligent student and am number one on the list for the police department in my city. I'm looking for help with opioid addiction, particularly pain killers and its something I know i can discontinue with a bit of help but I'd like to do it quickly. I did take suboxone in December but right now I am have no health insurance and Im unsure of what new steps to take. I am nervous about going to a clinic because of the employment opportunity in my future that I will recieve very soon but I need a little bit more guidance and anonymity.. Any help I do appreciate thank you.-Anthony
Tue, 17 May 2016
Recovering from opioid dependence is a painful process and I appreciate your motivation to go through it willingly. If you cannot avail yourself of suboxone, then there are analgesics like 1) Diclofenac three times a day (might cause acidity so take with Omeprazole 20mg), or Tramadol 50mg (might cause sleepiness) and with 2) adequate nutrition and water intake and 3) multivitamins for initial few days. If there is diarrhea, you may use 4) Electral powder sachets dissolved in normal water at frequent intervals (Oral rehydrating solution) or try tablet Loperamide 2mg on an optional basis.
The withdrawal is most difficult for initial ten days but will get easier with time...it should not last for more than a few weeks. Wish you all the best!