Suggest treatment for nose congestion despite using a nasal spray

My nose is stuffed up, and has been for weeks and weeks. I went to my doctor, but he suggested to put a warm compress on my nose and prescribed some saline spray which is not working. I m tired of losing sleep, and mouth-breathing everyday and night. What should I do?
Tue, 24 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Nose breathing may be due to turbinate hypertrophy caused by infection or allergy etc. Polyps in the nasal cavity which may protrude from the sinuses. Using decongestant sprays more than a week may cause turbinate hypertrophy and blockage of nose. So avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid cool'drinks and freeze water. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for five days. Apply Vick's or karval plus drops for inhalation. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. Nose breathing may be due to turbinate hypertrophy caused by infection or allergy etc. Polyps in the nasal cavity which may protrude from the sinuses. Using decongestant sprays more than a week may cause turbinate hypertrophy and blockage of nose. So avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid cool drinks and freeze water. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for five days. Apply Vick s or karval plus drops for inhalation. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.