Suggest treatment for myasthenia gravis and osteoporosis

I have myasthenia Gravis and also osteoporosis ( have been on Prednisone for 2 years ) and probably had the osteoporosis prior to starting it.. I am also treated for A Fib, and High BP ( due to some of my medications ?? ) I have been taking Fosamax( generic ) for the osteoporosis for the past 2+years. .. I am wondering if Reclast would be an appropriate treatment for me, or is there a reason it is contraindicated due to the Myasthenia Gravis.. I have heard of very good results from Reclast including my husband who had severe osteoporosis... but no info about it from anyone who has MG.. Thank you for any input..
Mon, 9 Nov 2015

Hi
Welcome to healthcaremagic
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.You can very well take reclast in myasthenia graves. It has no contradiction of it in myasthenia graves. It is taken once a year. It inhibits osteoclasts. So only bone deposition take place. You can discuss with your doctor about it. Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then don't hesitate to write to us. I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you a good health.