Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
161 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for mumps and sinus problem

Hello doctor can you please tell me that i have problem both in my ears since i was a child of 6 and now im am 21 years old one doctor ENTsaid that i have a hole in my right ear drum and earlier one said that your ear is ok and the third doctor said that you have a mumps in your same ear but you know what doctor i also have the problem of my hearing capacity which is decreased i think day by day i also have sinus problem and the problem of soreness from 6years whenever i take a bathe it increase
Thu, 26 Oct 2017
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response
Thanks for the query..

Well the symptoms are more consistent with ear related problems and can be due to ear infection or due to perforation of the ear drum..

It does not probably look like mumps are it commonly represents as bilateral swelling of the cheeks infront of the ears..

So my suggestion is to consult an Otorhinolaryngologist and get evaluated and a clinical examination and an Otoscopy and if needed an x ray or MRI Scan can be done for confirmation of the cause..

For now you can take painkillers like Advil to relieve pain..

If there is perforation of the eardrum then it can be corrected by surgical repair of the eardrum..
Also avoid excessive water exposure of the ears.
Avoid exposure to loud sounds and do not pick your ears with q-tip to avoid any further damage..

Hope this helps..

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i m 28 yr old male.due to complication of mumps , orchitis occur.and my erection of penis not occuring.will this lead problem in sexual...