Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers

Sir,
My mother was suffering from the problem of mouth ulcers from last 15-17 years. earlier by taking B-complex tablets / capsules or by using mouth ulcer gums, the ulcers becomes alright. But from the last one and a half years approx. she was suffering from the problem of ulcers very much. By taking b-complex / by using oral pastes the ulcers were not curing. Hence we approch the another doctors at medical colllege outside our town. There the Asst. Professor at Medical College takes the piece of ulcer for bioposy. There were no cancer cells found in the report and doctors said the report were OK. Then he started the treatment of my mother and tole that the treatment could run upto six months. He prescribed the medicines as follows :

1. Korty 4mg (Steroide type) At starting 2 tabs TDS

After 15 days 1 tabs TDS, After 15 days 1 tabs BD

2. Cap. Bifilac 1 B.D.

3. Neurobion Forte 1 B.D.

4. Rebagen 1 B.D.

5. Rebazol DSR 1 BD (1 early morning empty stomach)

6. Acilock 150 1 BD (1 early morning empty stomach)

7. Levocet-M 1 O.D.

8. Celin/Cetriwate Chewable Vit C & Zinc tabs 1 B.D.

9. Hifenac-Sr (For pain SOS)

10. Neocid gel Syrup 1 Tspf TDS

Sir, i am giving the above medicines to my mother from last more than seven months and during the treatment at earlier stage the oral ulcers are gone out. And as we stopped the Korty 4mg (steroid), the ulcers came back again. Sir now we are taking the all medicines the ulcers are not going fully. There remains always a little pain in neck & mouth. The ulcers now becoming too deep and healing after very long time and not healing. the ulcers are occuring in different sizes and are in different places of mouth.

Now at this stage after taking medicines no improvement shown even the ulcers are becoming more deep on throat. At some there is very much problem to eat food or even to drink water.

Sir, you are kindly requested to look in to the case and kindly suggest your advice / comments for further treatment.

Thanking you Sir,

Ritesh Mahajan,

S/O Sh. Yoginder pal mahajan IV-D, 265

Mphalla Chowgan Chamba H.P. India-176310

+ 91-0000, 01899-222337

email : YYYY@YYYY

Mon, 30 Jun 2014
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
Hello thanks for consulting at hcm..

Since from a long time she is having these mouth ulcers, recurrence is the major factor,,earlier to the steroid treatment the ulcers were small in size, but post steroid treatment she is having large ulcers,, she is being resistant to the treatment..

You have not mentioned anything about the systemic health? is she diabetic, hypertensive, is she on long term medications for any disease??
Any preferred season or aggravating or relieving factors related to it..

She need complete blood tests, Culture sensitivity test and a consult with a gastroenterologist, allergy specialist and oral physician,,

List of medicines what you have mentioned all all good, except the relapse following the stoppage of steroids..

Take topical anesthetics, multivitamin therapy, and add tbsp of baking soda to water,,dilute and use it as mouth wash.. It will reduce the pain..

Hope it helps,,take care..