• question-icon

Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers

An ulcer in my tip of the tounge for last one month . ent doctor said it was caused by friction with the edge of the teeth of the upper jaw .polished the edges of the teeth by dentist .there is no improvements after 15 days medication . it looks like a red spot surrounding by white pimple like points . can it be a sign of carsinoma ? If yes what should be the treatment ? If not what will be its remedy? Pl. Advice at your earliest .
Mon, 23 May 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern..

As per your complain an ulcer on the tip of the tongue that has not healed in a month needs to be evaluated and investigated as an apthous ulcer or even a traumatic ulcer generally resolves in about 2 weeks time..

Although if the ulcer is lasting since one month and yet has not healed then still it is not necessary to be a carcinoma or oral cancer..

I would suggest you to consult an Oral Surgeon and get evaluated and a thorough clinical evaluation and investigation like Biopsy can help in diagnosis and treatment will be done accordingly..

As of now you can start taking vitamin B complex supplement daily..
You can apply steroid ointment like Triamcinolone acetonide over it..
If it pains apply numbing gel containing Lignocaine over it..
Suck ice pops..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards..
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora..