Suggest treatment for metallic taste in the tongue post Tonsillectomy

Hello, I had a tonsillectomy 7 months ago (I am 45 years old). Since that time I have the feeling of something stuck on the back of my tongue and have a weird almost metallic taste whenever I swallow. I know the older you are when you get a tonsillectomy, the harder it is to heal. But is any of this normal?
Wed, 9 Oct 2019
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..

Well, as it is already 7 months, so healing must have been complete by now..

But if you have a metallic taste and also you feel something stuck at the back of tongue, you need to once get your throat and mouth examined by a Physician..

As these symptoms can be related to a number of other causes like GERD or Acid Reflux or tongue related issues..

So first of all get a thorough clinical examination done to rule out the cause and get treated accordingly.

For now do warm saline gargles and clean your tongue daily using a tongue scraper.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Honey Arora, Dentist