Suggest treatment for meningioma

I have a meningioma found April 2010, no symptons but have had annual MRI scans since, no growth or so small not worth operating on. Have been told that there is a 'finite' window, for when an operation may be necessary but at present just being monitored. They can not say how long its been there...how long, has it been known for them not to grow for. Would a gamma knife be a better option for me as I react badly to anesthetic.
I am 53, it was found just before my 50th birthday after major surgery (emergency ileostomy now reversed) and I believe I am going through the menopause. Its in the visual cortex.
Mon, 27 Oct 2014