Suggest treatment for melanoma

Lung CA is not the primary DX - rather Melanoma w/mets. He coughs - and I worry about exposure to my three young grandchildren - ages 3, 5, 10. Are there malignant cells in his sputum or in the air when he coughs???? Could cells be inhaled by the grandchildren????? Thank you.
Mon, 10 Aug 2015
Hello, the answer is no and no..None of the cancer spread by coughing.
You don't need to worry about it.
Malignancy has a mechanism like the two hit hypothesis , as we call in medical literature, for development. Coughing has no relation to spread of malignancy.