Suggest treatment for medical abortion

Dear doctor
I am 30 years old, my first delivery was LSCS , after 2 years now i am 5 weeks pregnant, We are not mentally prepared to carry, I would like to undergo medical abortion, Please advice us whether it is 100% successful and safe
Thanks
Savitha
Mon, 31 Aug 2015
Radiologist 's  Response
Hello

Medical termination of pregnancy is very effective (up to 98 %)in early weeks.
As you have only 5 weeks pregnancy,it is expected to almost complete expulsion.
However,medicines should be taken under doctor's observation so that any complications like excessive bleeding,pain etc can be managed.
You may need anti-progesterone and misoprostol tablets.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan