Suggest treatment for lump on thigh

Hello. I just turned 40 in March. A week ago my left inner thigh was warm and starts to swell to 3x2 inch wide area. My right inner thigh too but a smaller swell 1x1 inch area. After 4 days, the swelling area decreases in size. Now, My left inner thigh has a painless hard lump sized 0.5x0.5 inch and my right inner thigh lump sized of abt 0.1x0.1 inch.. it now a small lump under my skin. . i m quiet worried because i also noticed a small painless pea sized lump on outer area of my labia, 0.5 inch from the hair line. So now 3 small sized lumps on lower part of the body..
Thu, 29 Jan 2015
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi
Based on your query, my opinion is
1. Lumps/ swelling in thigh is less than 1 cm and decreasing in size. These are probably enlarged lymph nodes secondary to infection in the labia.
2. Since the lump size is reducing, not to worry, it will come down with the treatment for primary lesion which is on the labia.
3. Labial lesion could be a bartholin cyst which is infected, or just folliculitis. If the lesion is painful, take analgesics and a course of antibiotics, it will settle. You may apply antibiotics over the lesion if it starts discharging.
4. If the lumps over thigh do not decrease/ there is a further increase in size, get a fine needle aspiration cytology done to rule out lipoma/ soft tissue lesions as they are known to occur there.
Hope this helps.