Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for lump on inner part of knee

I have a lump on the inner part of my knee, next to the kneecap - thought it was malformed bone, but if I press hard enough it has some give, like a hard cyst or something. Don t know how long it s been there. It hurts, but only periodically and sometimes it will wake me up with pain until I repostion my leg and usually stop - what could it be?
Tue, 18 Aug 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic,

This kind lump should be clinically examined by the doctor to get the exact diagnosis.

However, from your description it could be baker's cyst which is quite common at the back of knee.
The treatment is generally surgical removal under local anesthesia.

But I would advice you to see general surgeon who will give opinion regarding surgical removal of the lump after proper examination.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Two nights ago i felt a small lump on my inner part of my right leg same level as knee but further in i rubbed it as i was out. I got home half...