Suggest treatment for lump near the rib cage

9 weeks ago a lump this size of my palm started growing on lth left front side of my stomach between hip bone and rib cage, now it s larger than my palm and I have big hands , the pain now spreads around my back and also to left side of stomach and curves down toward groin, I have went to ER 0n 7/2/16 and 7/12/16because of pain they did 2 CT scans which I m told showed nothing. My MD doesn t know what s wrong, I feel its worsening I am on pain meds Tramadol, every six hours, it just dulls the pain. Thanks Steve Waterman
Wed, 15 May 2019

Since the pain on the left side of abdomen with a palm size swelling continues to grow for 9 weeks there has to be something and since CT scan has missed the swelling the chances area that there is bulging of the abdominal wall.
There can be hernia of the abdominal wall which is missed as the CT scan is done in laying down position.
Hence there is a need for an actual clinical examination, preferably by a General Surgeon where the swelling can be seen during coughing and straining to know whether this is a bulge due to muscular weakness or an actual hernia.
A proper clinical diagnosis can help to have a proper plan of management, most probably surgical correction.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant,
ENT & General Surgeon