Suggest treatment for lump in forearm

About 4 days ago, I noticed a pea shaped lump on my forearm between my wrist and elbow. It is painless and under the skin. What could it be? I have been taking medication for coughing, sneezing, and runny nose since before Thanksgiving. Also, I received a steroid shot.
Tue, 2 Feb 2016
hi.

based from your description, it could be a cystic formation (tendinous or ganglion cyst), lipoma (fatty deposit) or a fibroma (fibrous tissue formation). it is best if you consult with a doctor, preferably a general surgeon, for physical examination and clinical evaluation, especially if the lesion is persistent, increasing in size and is bothering you. other lesion types must also be ruled-out. definitive management is excision biopsy of the lesion.

hope this helps.

good day!!

~dr.kaye