Suggest treatment for lump above the ear

i got hit in the right temple with a softball. I blacked out for ~5 seconds and woke up on the ground. I was spinning and had a horrible ringing in my head. It has been a half hour since. My pupils are normal and there is a nice lump above my ear. I have a continuous loud ringing in my right and it is very hard to hear.
Tue, 27 Oct 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear ,,

As per your query your right temple with a softball now having lump and now spinning and had a horrible ringing in my head . you also had blackout for 5 seconds . Sometimes after injury blood leeks from vessel under the tissue and form a lump also known as hematoma . In your case its a kine of medical emergency as you had symptoms like blackout , dizziness and tinnitus , which seems to be concussion . I would suggest you to consult doctor as soon as possible . Doctor may order Ct scan , MRI , X -ray and examination of ear with otoscope . Doctor may drain the lump by giving small incision , doctor may look for if there is any internal bleeding in that case surgery will be recommended . Doctor may prescribe antiemetic drug , anti inflammatory along with analgesic . For now take proper rest and avoid bending forward .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari