Suggest treatment for loose motion of 2 month baby

my son is two month old recently he had cold and cough i took him to doctor he gave medicines after using them he started having lose stool so i started using darolac powder even the frequency of stool decreased but his stool is still not fine. what should i do
Thu, 6 Aug 2015
Hi..
I understand your concern for your son. As you had already used Darolac there is no need for any further drug as it's very much evident that the cause of diarrhea is antibiotics. Give Darolac only for a maximum of 2 days as it's not usually recommended in this age group. You can give him zinc drops.It comes usually in the concentration of 20 mg per ml or per 5 ml.You can give 0.5 ml ( if 20 mg per ml composition) or 2.5 ml ( if 20 mg per 5 ml composition) once daily for a total of 2 weeks.Please keep the prepared solution in refrigerator. If you are breastfeeding him continue only that. If he's formula fed,do not change the product of the formula. Unless your son has any blood in stools you need not panic. If you have any further questions I would be pleased to clarify them.

Dr.V.S.Sri Vidhya
Chennai.